OIT HelpDesk - Knowledge Base
How do I add a Resource Mailbox room or equipment to a meeting in Outlook 2010/2013?
To add a meeting to a Resource Mailbox Room or Equipment within your Calendar in Outlook 2010/2013, please follow the instructions below. In order to see newly added Users or Rooms, you may need to manually update the Global Address List (GAL).
- Click on New Meeting on the Home Tab.
- When the new meeting invitation appears, select Rooms.
- Room: Under Address Book choose All Rooms, then search for your room. (This will list all available Resource Mailbox Rooms.)
Equipment: Under Address Book choose All Equipment, then search for your equipment. (This will list all available Resource Mailbox Equipment.)
- In the To field, the Resource Mailbox Room/Equipment will already be listed. You can add other members by placing a semicolon between the email addresses.Use the Scheduling Assistant to find a common availability between your Room/Equipment and invitees.
- You can add a Subject and any other details to the Meeting invitation before it is sent.
- When you are ready to send the Meeting invite, click on Send.
- The Meeting will then appear on your calendar and also on the Resource Mailbox Room calendar.
Tips & Notes
- There is also another option to add a meeting to the Resource Mailbox Room calendar in Outlook 2010/2013. If the Resource Mailbox Room is selected under the Rooms list in your calendar list, the room will automatically be added to your meeting if you choose New Meeting > New Meeting with All.
- When adding a room to an existing meeting, add it from that meeting instead of creating a new meeting.
- Once a meeting has been created, you will delete/modify it from your own calendar, rather than the Room Calendar.
- The name of the Meeting Organizer is the primary information displayed for a Room Calendar meeting instead of the meeting Subject, however you can mouse over to see the subject.
- To add a Room to your Rooms list (like Other Calendars for PFs) on the Calendar windows, select Open Calendar in the Manage Calendars Group > From Room List > Find and select your room and click OK.