OIT HelpDesk - Knowledge Base
How do I add a Resource Mailbox room or equipment to a meeting in Outlook 2011?
In order to see newly added Users or Rooms, you may need to manually update the Global Address List (GAL).
- In Outlook 2011, go to the Calendar.
- Click the New Meeting button on the Home ribbon.
- You can search for a Room by selecting the Scheduling Assistant or the Search for Rooms icon at the end of the Location box.
- Room: You must search for the room name to see the list of available rooms.
Equipment: Change the Meeting Rooms drop down to All Equipment. You must search for the Equipment name to see the list of available equipment.
- To add the Room/Equipment:
Room: Select Add to Meeting OR to just see the availability of the Room/Equipment, select Check Availability.
Equipment: Select the Resource button to add the resource.
- Use the scheduling slider to see the availability of the Room/Equipment and send your invite.