OIT HelpDesk - Knowledge Base
Can I add a link to the Tools area from a content area in my Blackboard Learn course site?
Yes, you can add a link to the Tools Area as an item in any Content Area. Doing so enables you to use Tools in learning units and sequenced assignments, as well as making it easier for students to navigate to the proper area for responding to an assignment.
- Click on the Content Area you'd like to add a Tool Link to.
- Hover your mouse over the Tools button and select Tools Area from the embedded drop-down menu.
- In the Link Name box, type a name for this link.
- In the Text box, type any additional information to be included.
- Under Options -
- Set the availability: Yes if you would like your students to access the information immediately; No if you want to keep your students from viewing the link.
- Select Yes or No to track the number of views.
- Select the specific date and time that you wish the tool to become accessible and/or to be removed from student view.
- Click Submit. You will be returned to the Content Area where you started.