OIT HelpDesk - Knowledge Base
How do I connect my Android device to my Office 365 Volmail account?
These instructions are for use with Office 365 Volmail accounts.If you have any trouble configuring your phone, please contact the HelpDesk at (865)974-9900 or visit the Walk-In Service Center in the Commons in Hodges Library.
Note: Due to the multiple versions of Android OS, these instructions may not apply exactly for your Android device. However, the server and account information should still allow you to successfully configure your account.
- From your phone's home screen, launch the application list and choose Settings.
- Select Accounts & Sync
- Select the Add Account button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync as the Account Type (some devices call this account type "ActiveSync", "Work", or "Corporate")
- Enter your email address (Students: NetID@vols.utk.edu | Staff/Faculty: NetID@utk.edu) and password.
- Most devices will make you manually setup at this point. If so:
- For the Exchange/OWA Server, enter outlook.office365.com
- If there is a field that says Domain/Username, enter your full email address (Students: NetID@vols.utk.edu | Staff/Faculty: NetID@utk.edu)
- In the username and password field, use the following:
- Students - NetID@vols.utk.edu and password.
- Staff/Faculty - NetID@utk.edu and password
- Select Next and choose the synchronization options for your account. When you are done, choose Finish to complete account creation.