OIT HelpDesk - Knowledge Base
How do I delete a wireless network from my list of available networks?
The easiest way to reconfigure your wireless profile for UT's eduroam network is to delete the existing network and then reconnect to it! Follow the instructions below for your operating system.
To reconnect to the UT eduroam network, choose the network from your list of available wireless networks and enter the following credentials:
Password: NetID password
- Access Settings and then choose the Wireless icon.
- Right-click on the network and choose Forget this Network.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center
- Choose Manage Wireless Networks from the options on the left.
- Highlight the network from the list and choose Remove
- Go to System Preferences > Network
- Select Wifi on the left
- Choose the wireless network from the list & then click on the Disconnect button.
- Click on the Advanced button
- Select the wireless network from the list and then click on the (-) button to remove it from the list.
- Click on the Ok button
- Click the Apply button in the Networks
Choose Settings· WiFi· When you select eduroam, you will be prompted for the password. Choose Cancel and then open the eduroam network (click on the blue arrow).· Choose Forget this Network· Choose Forget
When trying to connect to eduroam, you are unable to get a connection.· Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks· Choose Wifi Settings· Long press the network named eduroam· Choose Forget Network