OIT HelpDesk - Knowledge Base
Why am I being redirected to a mobile UT site when using Internet Explorer 11?
With the launch of Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11, there is a known issue with SharePoint and the MyUTK website. When you navigate to MyUTK or other SharePoint-based sites, you may be automatically redirected to the mobile version of MyUTK or SharePoint.
To configure IE 11 for use with MyUTK, please follow the instructions below. If you would like assistance, please contact the OIT HelpDesk at (865) 974-9900.
- Launch Internet Explorer from your desktop, not from the metro screen.
- Press the alt key on your keyboard and the Tools menu will appear at the top of the browser.
- From the Tools menu, select Compatibility View Settings and add "tennessee.edu" and "utk.edu" (without quotes).
- Close and re-open Internet Explorer and log in to myutk.utk.edu
- If you receive a 400 error on https://authportal.tennessee.edu, refresh the page and it should redirect you to Application and Network Access Portal. Click the UTPortal icon on the right and it will route you to the standard portal.